The Racquetball Club at UGA answers the question!
The Racquetball Club at UGA answers the question!
Dear Georgia Games Constituents:
We are now accepting applications for our 2017 summer internship program. We will be starting our review process shortly, so if you know individuals that may be interested OR know of people that have access to a large number of students, please pass this information along to them.
We look favorably on those students who applied early. Highest priority will be those applicants who are taking the internship for credit.
We have a rolling application deadline which means we will begin reviewing applications and continue until filled. So sooner is the better when applying, but completeness is always most important! Our spring positions: Jan through April positions are FULL!
The Georgia State Games is one of the largest Amateur Olympic-Style Sports Festivals in the country. We rely HEAVILY on top quality interns to operate many of our sporting Events Projects and Programs. It is a tremendous experience and we have interns that come from across North America each year. To date we have had students attend our internship from 37 States, 9 Foreign Countries and 3 Canadian Providences. We can provide housing!
The interns get a GREAT, HANDS-ON experience. No fetching coffee. Real life planning AND implementation of activities and programs in what they will experience. If you know of quality students that would want to intern in the Atlanta, Georgia area, please encourage them to apply.
Please disseminate this to your students, careers centers (if possible) and to anyone who deals with students needing internships at your school. Positions usually fill quickly. We are seeking the following positions:
Seeking various majors: Sales, Marketing, Sports Management, Recreation, Public Relations, Communications, Business, Etc!
Summer: 18-25 interns positions (heavy event operations & marketing oriented) *Housing available!*
1. We need the following experiences for the Summer Term:
· Executive Assistant and Administration (2-3 positions)
· Graphic Design (2 positions)
· Photography (1-2 positions)
· Website (1-2 positions)
· Public Relations and Organizational Social media (1-2 positions)
· Sponsorship & Fundraising (2-3 positions)
· Volunteer Soliciting (1 position)
· Event Administration and Implementation (12-18 positions)
2. We *HIGHLY* encourage students that participate or really like Olympic sports to apply.
3. We are looking for a wide range of students with diverse sporting interests, BUT definitely want a few students with the below sports expertise (club sport athletes are HIGHLY encouraged to apply too) and other areas indicated:
· Track & Field
· Disc Golf
· Mountain Biking
· Running – 5k & 10k’s
*To Apply: Submit the following:*
1) Georgia Games Application
a. Submit in the original Microsoft WORD software NOT as a PDF or other program.
2) Sports Questionnaire
a. Submit in the original Microsoft EXCEL software NOT as a PDF or other program.
4) Cover letter
5) If Graphics/Website/PR/Photography: ALSO submit samples or previous work.
1) Must be organized, team oriented, self starting, aggressive, outgoing and innovative.
2) Must be willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done especially including whatever “dirty” job that may take.
3) Must have strong writing skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and PC (not Apple) computers.
Internship opportunities are offered depending on intern’s experience & skills, time commitment availability, academic credit ability and semester sought.
Housing is also available for 18 positions. VERY FEW small financial stipends are available to those that have their own housing for the summer.
This internship is *NOT* for the student that is:
1. Just looking to get credit or “get” by;
2. Be a social butterfly or party for the summer;
3. Socialize with your local friends for the summer;
4. “Just” put in your 40 hours for the week;
* Priority will be given to those students completing the internship for academic credit and/or for a graduation requirement.
* Priority will be given to students currently enrolled in college.
These internship positions will provide someone with substantial experience in nonprofit development and management, event and sport management in addition to gaining valuable office experience working in a non-profit.
*DEADLINE:* Begin reviewing applications on a rolling basis and will continue until slots are filled.
IRT Pro – Kane Waselenchuk
Open – Mario Mercado
Elite – Richard White
A – Arvind Bhuta
B – Kwami Williams
C – Emmanuel Trevino
D – Duane Moss
IRT Pro – Charlie Pratt & Jansen Allen
Open – Maurice Miller & Mario Mercado
Elite – Donald Williams & Isaiah Motz
A – Arvind Bhuta & Michael Todd
B – Nick Webb & Shawn Centa
Open – Regina Franco
A – Joy Mattocks
Open – Maritza Franco & Regina Franco
A – Jennie Jones-Huggins & Joy Mattocks
Open – Sebastian Franco & Sharon Jackson
Elite – Eric Saghini & Kelly Leblanc
A – Douglas Durham & Alexa Patronis
Congratulations to all of the age division winners as well!
Thanks to all of the sponsors for making this great event possible!
Galaxy Custom Printing
Williams Accounting & Consulting
Jim Minkel Realty
Jim Ellis Audi
Information (and a website walkthrough) about how to become a certified referee online is available here: http://jt-rb.com/how-to-become-a-certified-racquetball-referee-online/
Way to promote the game Russell!
Maurice Miller – Men’s Open Winner
Andre Magruder – Men’s A Doubles Winner (with Robert Johnson III from Tennessee)
JT RB – Men’s A Singles Finalist
Tony Santora – Men’s Elite Singles Semifinalist